This was sent in a email and I wanted to post it:
Top 10 Reasons Why I Don't Have My Food Storage.
by Wendy Dewitt
10. My neighbors have a TWO year supply! No, they don't. They don't have any food. Did you know that 85% of the members of the church don't have any food storage at all? If your idea of food storage is to eat someone else's food.....this is a really bad plan.
9. I've paid tithing for 20 years...the church can give me a little food. Many members believe that when the times get hard, the church is going to come through like Joseph in Egypt. Absolutely not true. All the church storehouses and welfare farms across the country would only feed 4% of the members of the church. The church has been asking YOU to store food for 75 years. They're NOT storing food for you. Thus, another bad plan.
8. I'm moving in with my children / parents! Really....that's just a bad plan all by itself. But it points out that most members don't have a year's supply because they're PLANNING on eating someone else's food! Of course, since no one HAS any food, we have yet another bad plan.
7. I have a year's supply...and the bullets to go with it! I've heard time and again, "How dumb is that to go to all the time and expense of getting food...just to have some guy with a gun come and shoot my family to take it away?" Here's a better question. Are you afraid of the guy with the gun? Or are you more afraid of BECOMING the guy with the gun? What would you do if your children were starving to death? Would you lie? Cheat? Steal? Would you shoot your neighbor for his food? I guarantee....if you were watching your child starving to death, you would do anything you had to to keep them alive. If you don't have your year's supply, you are putting yourself in danger of losing not only your temporal salvation, but your spiritual salvation as well.
So far, all the reasons we don't have our food storage involve eating someone else's food. Please, don't put your family's temporal salvation in other people's hands. No one is storing food for you. Not your neighbors, not the government...not even the church.
#6. The boat and the 4 wheelers are taking up all my storage space! (priorities!)
#5. 3 letters....Y2K. Ok, that's 2 letters and a number....but they're always making way too much out of everything! This is never going to happen!" (Every prophecy that has ever been given WILL happen.)
#4. If anything DOES happen, the government will be here within hours! (insert laughter) Did you know the government has been telling us that we need to have food storage? They're actually CALLING it food storage! We now have the government telling us to store food, water, medicines...whatever we will need to be able to stay in our homes for several months.
#3. I can't afford scrap booking AND food storage. The average food storage can cost as little as a dollar a day. We live in the richest society in the history of the world, and while there are cases where money may be a problem, most of the time it is a matter of priorities. We have chosen bigger homes, nicer cars, more tv's, computers, vacations ...everything is more important than our food storage. If I asked, "Who has a cell phone?" most of you would say yes. You pay at least $30 a month to have a cell phone....that's about a dollar a day...the cost of one year's supply of food for your child. Is your cell phone really more important than your child's temporal salvation? You have to make food storage a priority.
2. I'm waiting for the cannery to sell Papa John's dehydrated pizza! Food storage has always had a stigma attached to it. If it's not wheat, beans and powdered milk, it's not food storage. With the system I use, food storage can be sweet and sour chicken, tamale pie, chile and cornbread, beef stew, shepherd's pie, minestrone...even chocolate chip cookies! Your imagination (and your pocketbook) are the only limitations you have.
And the #1 reason why I don't have my year's supply of food? A year?? I thought it was 72 hours!!
You KNOW you should have your food storage. You WANT to have it, but it can be so overwhelming! How much do I buy? Where do I store it? How do I cook it? It seems like an impossible task.... but it's not. It doesn't matter if you use my system or just start buying extra food, the important thing is to do something. Good luck in your efforts! Wendy DeWitt
FOOD STORAGE DISTRIBUTORS
BLUE CHIP GROUP, INC
432 W. 3440 S.
SLC, UT 84115
Contact: Jim Woods, cell # (801)403-9420
Major supplier of Bulk food at Wholesale prices
PO Box 307
135 N. 10th
Montpelier, ID 83254
Major supplier: Bulk Food, Preparedness items, ships nation-wide
EMAIL firstname.lastname@example.org www.waltonfeed.com
LEHI ROLLER MILLS
833 E. Main Street
Lehi, UT 84043
Recently moved to Idaho
Supplies Bulk food and emergency preparedness items
931 W. State Street
PG, UT 84062
offers Blue chip inc. bulk foods, morning moo milk, 72 hour kit supplies, water barrels
Watch for great case lot sales!
Major supplier of healthy coconut oil and other items (check out how it's made)
370 E. 1300 S.
Orem, UT 84058
Major distributor: grain mills, bread makers, bulk grains and food storage
352 N. State St.
Orem, Utah 84057
Long term storage, 72-hr. survival kits, Outdoor camping supplies, First aid supplies
MAPLE LEAF INDUSTRIES
410 S. 50 E.
Ephraim, UT 84627
Major supplier of: Bulk grains, beans, spices, pasta, long term and emergency supplies
BOSCH KITCHEN CENTER
176 W. Center Street
(801) 224-1616 / (800) 584-9943
Offers wheat grinders, bread mixers, specialty grains / food (spelt, quinoa, rumford baking pwdr, saf instant yeast, lecithin, molasses, honey, gamma seal lids (srew-on lids)
Can also repair some of your old wheat grinders!
ALPINE FOOD STORAGE
11800 N. 6000 W.
Highland, Ut 84003
(801) 216-4588 / (801) 361-4933
Buy's some food items in such big bulk that they can offer good prices to us (coconut oil from Tropical Traditions, rice, canned real butter & cheese, canned meat).
Garden Seeds in a #10 can- 3/16/09
Enough of you have asked about canned non-hybrid garden seeds that I am opening up an order!
CANNED GARDEN SEEDS
16 LARGE SEED PACKETS
16 POPULAR EASY TO GROW GARDEN VEGETABLES
SPECIAL OPEN POLLINATED 100% NON-HYBRID SEED SELECTION
EXCLUSIVE E-Z LOCK RE-SEALABLE RE-USEABLE BAGS
TRIPLE - LAYERED FOIL PACKETS SEALED IN A CAN FOR EXTRA PROTECTION
COMPLETE WITH GARDENING-MADE-EASY INSTRUCTIONAL GUIDE
Up to DOUBLE THE QUANTITY OF SEED of most other competitors:
Each Can Contains:
SWEET CORN. Golden Bantam. 5 oz.
ONION. Utah Sweet Spanish. 10 g.
SPINACH. Bloomsdale Long Standing. 10 g.
WINTER SQUASH. Waltham Butternut. 10 g.
SQUASH ZUCCHINI. Black Beauty. 10 g.
RADISH. Champion. 10 g.
TOMATO. Rutgers. 5 g.
SWISS CHARD. Lucullus. 10 g.
PEA. Lincoln. 10 oz.
BEET. Detroit Dark Red. 10 g.
CABBAGE. Golden Acre. 10 g.
LETTUCE. Barcarolle Romaine. 5 g.
CUCUMBER. Marketmore 76. 10 g.
CARROT. Scarlet Nantes. 10 g.
PEPPER. Yolo Wonder. 5 g.
POLE BEAN. Blue Lake. 5 oz.
Totals: 659 grams of Open Pollinated Non-hybrid Vegetable Seed
Price is $35 per can. This includes tax and shipping.
What is the shelf-life on these canned seeds? The declared shelf-life is 5 years. If, however, the seeds are stored in the freezer, that should double the shelf-life!
How many people will one can feed? Each can should feed a family of 5 for one season.
Will non-hybrid seeds germinate as efficiently as hybrid seeds? This company's germination standards are even higher than the Utah State requirements. Most will be in the 90% germination range. The germination percentage of each individual seed will be posted on the package.